The Azure 300 chemiluminescent Western blot imaging system enables labs to replace transilluminators, gel imagers and darkrooms with one, high-performance, multi-functional instrument. Capable of UV, blue-light, white-light and chemiluminescent imaging, the Azure 300’s 9.1 MP camera is ideal for producing publication ready images of Western blots, DNA gels and protein gels. This instrument is upgradeable in situ to incorporate visible and NIR fluorescence detection.
Benefits of using the Azure 300
• Upgraded 9.1 MP camera for publication ready images
• Chemiluminescence, EPI-blue, EPI-white & dual band UV imaging
• Highly sensitive fixed motorised lens for no manual focussing or positioning
• High sensitivity with 4.8 OD dynamic range
• Orange tray for visible applications & black tray for blot applications
• Compatible with a wide range of dyes/stains
• Excise bands without leaving the imaging with override switch for UV interlock & roll-out tray
• Compact design
• AzureSpot analysis software included
• Fully upgradable to add visible and/or NIR fluorescent imaging for when your research evolves
Azure 300 imaging options
The Q-Module from Azure Biosystems is a visible light source upgrade (ex 524 nm / em 572 nm) that can be fitted to NIR or chemiluminescent Azure Biosystems imaging systems to enable illumination of the AzureRed total protein stain. Using this visible source to illuminate an appropriate total protein stain is preferable to using a NIR channel as it leaves the NIR channels free for multiplex or single target protein illumination. Upgrade must be added at the time of purchase. Find out more about the Q-module upgrade.
Chemiluminescent imaging using Q module & AzureRed for TPN.
AzureRed is a novel fluorescent protein stain from Azure Biosystems optimised for TPN and Western blot quantification. Excited optimally with a 520nm (Cy3) laser light source or also UV light, AzureRed leaves NIR channels available for targets of interest. AzureRed can also be used in conjunction with chemiluminescence substrates. AzureRed can be used on a range of imaging systems and is optimised for use with the Azure Q Module and analysed using AzureSpot software. Find out more about AzureRed.
The Azure 300 is provided with an optimised image analysis software. This software can:
• Automatically detect lanes & bands, even on distorted gels
• Apply your selected method of background correction
• Identify & quantify targets
• Export & transmit data via via Wi-Fi, Ethernet & USB
Compatible dyes, substrates, kits & labels
The Azure Imaging Systems are an open platform and compatible with a wide range of dyes, substrates, kits and labels.
• Chemiluminescence detection
• Bioluminescence detection
• Visible marker imaging
• Colour imaging
• Blue light imaging
• UV 302/365 imaging
• Total protein normalisation (with the Azure 300 Q module)
Material available for download
Azure imaging systems brochure
Imaging in-gel fluorescence & Stain-Free™ gels application note
Stain-Free™ gels for Western blotting: imaging & total protein normalisation application note
Imaging three-color Western blots application note
Chemiluminescent & fluorescent Westerns application note
Western blot normalisation
Request a demonstration
To organise a demonstration, technical presentation or to find out more, please contact our Azure Biosystems specialists
SYBR is a registered trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Coomassie is a registered trademark of ICI.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.