The Azure 400 visible fluorescent Western blot (WB) imaging system from Azure Biosystems enables documentation and analysis of DNA, protein gels and Western blots using UV, visible light, chemiluminescence and visible (RGB) fluorescence. With three fluorescence channels allowing multiple targets to be directly compared on a single blot, the Azure 400 replaces transilluminators, gel imagers and darkrooms with one high performance, small, upgradeable, multifunctional instrument.
Producing high quality images ideal for publication with a 9.1 MP camera, the Azure 400 gives accurate quantification of both low and high concentration targets.
Benefits of using the Azure 400
• 9.1 MP camera for publication-ready images
• Dual band UV, EPI-blue, EPI-white light & chemiluminescent detection & visible fluorescence capabilities
• High functional dynamic range for low & high abundance target images without saturation
• No manual focusing regardless of gel size
• No positioning of the sample in the imager required
• In situ upgrade to add infrared fluorescence
• Single, small benchtop footprint
• Use with a wide range of visible, UV responsive or fluorescent probes
• Multiple targets probed on a single blot with up to three visible fluorescent channels can be used simultaneously
• Bands excised without leaving the imager
• DNA imaged with minimal damage
AzureRed is a novel fluorescent protein stain from Azure Biosystems optimised for total protein normalisation (TPN) and WB quantification. AzureRed can also be used in conjunction with chemiluminescence substrates. AzureRed can be used on a range of imaging systems and is optimised for use with the Azure Q Module and analysed using AzureSpot software. Find out more about AzureRed.
Azure 400 imaging options
Organise a demonstration
To organise a demonstration, technical presentation or to find out more, please contact our Azure specialists.
Material available for download
Azure imaging systems brochure
SYBR is a registered trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Coomassie is a registered trademark of ICI. Cy is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare Ltd.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.