Cambridge Bioscience has a close collaboration with an HTA-licensed, London-based clinic dedicated to the collection and processing of human blood for research purposes. Our buffy coats are prepared according to each researcher's exact requirements, with delivery available on the same or next day after collection, offering access to human buffy coat whenever your research demands.
Buffy coat is prepared by the centrifugation of anticoagulated whole blood and it consists of a concentrated suspension of white blood cells and platelets. It is frequently used to isolate PBMCs and other specific white blood cell populations.
Benefits of our human blood buffy coat service
• Same day delivery possible in south of UK or overnight delivery across Europe
• Specific donor/protocol requests accommodated
• Choice of anticoagulant and storage device
• Chilled or ambient delivery temperature
• Large donor pool
• Comprehensive donor information provided
• Serology screening prior to dispatch
• Samples fully consented including for genetic analysis and commercial research purposes
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and the need to limit travel and non-essential contact, Research Donors have made the difficult decision to suspend all collections until further notice. Collections will resume as soon as it is safe to do so.
Contact our team of blood specialists
To request a quote or find out more, please contact our blood specialists
These products are for research use only and not for any diagnostic, therapeutic, human or animal use. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have necessary licensing and ethics approvals in place for the use and storage of any human tissue related material supplied by Cambridge Bioscience.