When investigating certain diseases, your research success can depend on sourcing bone marrow from defined donor profiles, especially when these samples are used as controls. As healthy bone marrow is defined as bone marrow from donors that do not have any haematological diseases, it can be more challenging to obtain in the UK.
Through our partners, we offer access to fresh human bone marrow from healthy donors with no haematological diseases for research purposes. This healthy bone marrow is sourced from a knee biopsy from patients undergoing knee surgery. With delivery available within 24 hours of sample collection, these high quality biospecimens are ideal for control experiments for CD34 cell isolations and IHC applications, where labile biomarkers are the research focus.
Benefits of using these human biospecimens
• Fully traceable & transparent tissue origin
• All biospecimens obtained directly from original source
• Guaranteed, high quality
• Guaranteed compliance with international & local ethical regulations
• Large clinical site network with dedicated full-cycle project management
• Sample delivery within 24 hours (Europe)
• Customised approach to adapt projects to exact customer requirements
Healthy bone marrow biospecimen samples are widely used in precision medicine to:
• Serve as controls to help investigate the mechanisms responsible for cellular proliferation that may lead to a cancer disease
• Isolate individual cells for genetic manipulation to aid in the development of novel therapies to treat different cancer disease types
• Enable the development of new screening tests to detect biomarkers associated with certain sub-types or stages of a cancer disease for earlier & more accurate diagnoses
Discuss a custom project
To discuss a custom project further, please contact our biospecimens specialists.
These products are for research use only and not for any diagnostic, therapeutic, human or animal use. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have necessary licensing and ethics approvals in place for the use and storage of any human tissue related material supplied by Cambridge Bioscience.