The CASY® cell counter from OMNI Life Science is a highly accurate, multi-parameter analyser for cultured and primary cells. With a dynamic detection range from 0.7 up to 150 microns, the CASY counter can measure cell number and viability (without interference from dyes) of all cell types including algae, bacteria and yeast. The flexible, yet robust methodology can also measure cell size distribution, cell aggregation and cell debris. Reproducible results are displayed in a single histogram, taking less than one minute per measurement, with no single-use counting chambers or slides necessary.
Benefits of using the CASY counter
• Highly accurate
• No dyes required
• Count free cells and cell clumps/biomass
• 0.7 to 150 micron dynamic range
• Fast flow-through measurement
• Sensor is immersed in the sample solution
• High resolution data on cell status and size
• Integrated QA system checks
• Certified, traceable life time calibration
• GLP/ GMP compliant (21 CFR Part 11 compliant)
Particles and cells passing through a defined size pore generate a resistance signal varying with their size and conductivity. Live cells with a polarised membrane generate a high resistance signal, whereas dying or dead cells display a much lower resistance due to their depolarised or fully disrupted cell membrane. The signal of one cell passing the pore is resolved with a high frequency of 1 MHz, and hence the area under the curve = the Integral can easily be calculated, the integral being the only parameter directly proportional to the cell size. As the integral is different with live cells, dead cells and debris, the particle sizes and their distribution can be recorded and analysed very precisely.
Cells are suspended in CASYton, an electrolyte developed specifically for cell counting. For the measurement, the cells are aspirated through a precision measuring pore of defined geometry at a constant flow speed.
Parameters measured by CASY counter
• Cell number - total cell count and live cell count
• Cell viability – non-invasive counting as no dyes or stains are used
• Cell size distribution – high resolution and large dynamic measuring range
• Cell volume – calculation of the average cell diameter
• Cell aggregation – measure and calculate cell aggregation factor (automatic correction possible)
• Cell debris – quality control of cell culture solutions
Encounter a wealth of new possibilities with brand new software for CASY. Included as standard with new instruments, with the opportunity to upgrade some older models.
• Intuitive instrument control
• Expanded and simplified measuring routines
• Evaluation and data organisation tools enabled
See if you can upgrade your CASY by contacting our OLS specialist
Material available for download
CASY Counter flyer
iPSC propagation application note
T-cell activation application note
Algae cell cycle application note
Cell proliferation application note
Growth inhibition assay application note
Analysis of keratinocytes application note
Platelet counting & morphology application note
Toxic effects of an antibiotic on algae cell growth application note
Request a demonstration
For further information or to requedt a demonstration contact our instrument specialists.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|CASY 150 µm (without computer) 5651736 · OMNI Life Science||
5651736OMNI Life Science
|CASY Cups 5651794 · OMNI Life Science||
5651794OMNI Life Science
|CASY Ton 5651808 · OMNI Life Science||
5651808OMNI Life Science