The Azure 500 infrared Western blot (WB) imaging system from Azure Biosystems enables documentation and analysis of DNA and protein gels and Western blots using UV, chemiluminescence and near-infrared fluorescence (NIR). The Azure 500 enables labs to replace transilluminators, gel imagers and darkrooms with one high-performance, small, upgradeable and multi-functional instrument.
Producing publication quality images with an 9.1 MP camera, the Azure 500 gives accurate quantification of both low and high concentration targets. Its two NIR fluorescence channels means two targets can be directly compared on a single blot.
Benefits of using the Azure 500
• 9.1 MP camera for publication-ready images
• Two-channel IR direct detection—laser diodes at 660nm and 785nm enable better sensitivity than LEDs or white light sources
• High functional dynamic range for simultaneous detection of low & high abundance targets
• No manual focusing regardless of gel size
• In situ upgrade to visible fluorescence
• Single, small benchtop footprint
• Two targets can be detected on a single blot
Azure 500 imaging options
The Q-Module from Azure Biosystems is a visible light source upgrade (ex 524 nm / em 572 nm) that can be fitted to NIR or chemiluminescent Azure Biosystems imaging systems to enable illumination of the AzureRed total protein stain. Using this visible source to illuminate an appropriate total protein stain is preferable to using a NIR channel as it leaves the NIR channels free for multiplex or single target protein illumination. Upgrade must be added at the time of Azure 500 purchase. Find out more about the Q-module.
AzureRed is a novel fluorescent protein stain from Azure Biosystems optimised for total protein normalisation (TPN) and WB quantification. Excited optimally with a 520nm (Cy3) laser light source or also UV light, AzureRed leaves NIR channels available for targets of interest. AzureRed can also be used in conjunction with chemiluminescence substrates. AzureRed can be used on a range of imaging systems and is optimised for use with the Azure Q Module and analysed using AzureSpot software. Find out more about AzureRed.
With enhanced gel and blot image analysis, the AzureSpot software enables:
• Simple background subtraction
• Automatic lane & band detection even on distorted gels
• Simple molecular weight or concentration determination using defined standards & the in-software calibration
• Image, report & data export to TIFF, JPEG, PDF or Excel
• Wi-Fi, ethernet & USB data transmission
AzureSpot Software processing views
Organise a demonstration
To organise a demonstration, technical presentation or to find out more, please contact our Azure specialists
Material available for download
Azure imaging systems brochure
SYBR is a registered trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Coomassie is a registered trademark of ICI.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.