The Quick-DNA/RNA Viral MagBead Kit offers a simple protocol for high-throughput automated viral RNA extraction, enabling extraction of high quality SARS-CoV-2 RNA in just 1-2 hours (depending on the automation platform).
This kit contains DNA/RNA Shield reagent demonstrated to inactivate the MERS-coronavirus, parvovirus, HIV, HSV-1 and HSV-2, and other pathogens.
Free custom scripts and technical support is available, with rapid deployment on Tecan®, Hamilton® and Thermo Fisher Scientific KingFisher™.
Benefits of using the Quick-DNA/RNA Viral MagBead Kit
• Compatible with a wide range of samples including nasopharyngeal swabs, oropharyngeal swabs (e.g. throat swabs), sputum, samples collected into DNA/RNA Shield, samples collected in universal transport medium (UTM) or similar
• Kit contains DNA/RNA Shield reagent demonstrated to inactivate the MERS-coronavirus, parvovirus, HIV, HSV-1 and HSV-2, and other pathogens.
• Free custom scripts and technical support
• Rapid deployment on Tecan®, Hamilton® and Thermo Fisher Scientific KingFisher™
• Manual protocol is also available
Quick-DNA/RNA Viral MagBead kit is for research use only (RUO).
High quality SARS-CoV-2 RNA extraction
RT-qPCR analysis of total RNA isolated from sputum using the Quick-DNA/RNA Viral MagBead Kit. Positive control sample was spiked with a non-infectious in vitro COVID-19 synthetic RNA. Negative control sample was not spiked with in vitro RNA. Samples were tested using primers targeting the human RNase P gene (“RNase P”, amplification control) or primers 2019 nCoV_N3 (CV-3).
|Catalogue number||Size||Input||Binding capacity||Elution volume||Equipment needed|
|R2141||4 x 96 preps||≤ 400 µl plasma, serum, urine, cell culture media, blood, saliva, cellular suspension, swab, fecal sample or ≤ 5 mg biopsy sample.||10 µg DNA/RNA per 20 µl MagBinding Beads||≥ 50 µl||Manual: Magnetic stand or separator
Magnetic stand or separator
Liquid handler or robotic sample processor
Material available for download
Quick-DNA/RNA Viral MagBead kit protocol
Tecan is a registered trademark of Tecan Group, Ltd. Hamilton is a registered trademark of Hamilton Company. KingFisher is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.