Cambridge Bioscience has partnered with Cells4Life to offer whole human umbilical cord tissue collected from UK-based, HTA-licensed facilities for research purposes. We can now offer fresh and frozen umbilical cord tissues for delivery within 24-48 hours across the UK.
Fresh umbilical cord tissue is provided in blocks of 1-2 mm sizes prepared from 5-10 g and transported in sterile plastic sachets containing saline and added antibiotics for sterility.
Frozen umbilical cord tissue is provided in blocks of 1-2 mm prepared from 11 g of umbilical cord tissue, which is passively frozen and stored in liquid nitrogen with DMSO and dextran in sterile plastic sachets.
Benefits of using this umbilical cord tissue
• UK-based centres
• Samples consented for genetic analysis and commercial research purposes
• Fresh tissue delivered within 24-48 hours of collection
• Fresh samples transported in saline solution containing antibiotics
• Frozen samples undergo passive freezing for minimal cell damage*
• Frozen samples tested for aerobic/anaerobic contamination
• All processing carried out in facilities to GMP and ISO 9001 standards
• Maternal donors pre-screened for serology before collection and freezing
• Collection and banking conforms and complies with the EU Cells and Tissues Directive
To request a quote or find out more, please contact our Cells4Life specialist
*Morgenstern et al., British Jour. of Haematology, 174, 942-951
These products are for use in Biomedical Research only. They are not to be used for any form of human treatment, or for any purpose that is prohibited by law, including any use for human reproductive cloning. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have necessary licensing and ethics approvals in place for the use and storage of any human tissue related material supplied by Cambridge Bioscience.