Through our partners, we offer researchers access to fresh eye biospecimens for research purposes. Working with specialised ophthalmological clinical sites, our partner can provide hard-to-source eye tissues (such as aqueous humour) from donors with e.g. wet and dry age-related macular degeneration, diabetic macular oedema, cataracts or eye melanoma. Matched samples from the donors are also available, including serum, plasma and buccal swabs.
Providing guaranteed compliance to international guidelines and strict adherence to local and international ethical regulations, our partner obtains samples directly from the original source, with all biospecimens undergoing strict quality control prior to shipment. All collection sites are accessible for customer audits whereupon all on site documents and SOPs can be scrutinised. Samples can be delivered across Europe within 24 hours as per customer requirements.
Benefits of using these eye biospecimens
• Fully traceable and transparent tissue origin
• All biospecimens obtained directly from original source
• Guaranteed high quality
• Guaranteed compliance with international and local ethical regulations
• Large clinical site network with dedicated full-cycle project management
• Sample delivery within 24 hours (Europe)
• Customised approach to adapt projects to exact customer requirements
• Matched whole peripheral blood, plasma, serum, PBMCs, buccal swabs, sputum and urine samples available
• Identify and validate drug delivery to specific target cells
• Identify variations in disease development and progression
• Identify and group individuals more or less likely to respond to specific drugs or therapy types
• Identify and group individuals to determine which form of treatment is appropriate for different disease stages
• Enable the development of screening tests to detect biomarkers associated with certain sub-types or stages of a disease for earlier and more accurate diagnoses
Discuss a custom project
To discuss a custom project further, please contact our biospecimens specialists.
These products are for research use only and not for any diagnostic, therapeutic, human or animal use. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have necessary licensing and ethics approvals in place for the use and storage of any human tissue related material supplied by Cambridge Bioscience.