The highly processive NxGen® DNA polymerase has powerful strand displacement activity and a 3′→ 5′ proofreading exonuclease function. Capable of up to 70,000 insertions per binding event, the NxGen® phi29 DNA Polymerase is ideal for generating high levels of DNA whilst conserving sequence integrity.
Features of the NxGen® phi29 DNA polymerase
• Unit Concentration: 10,000 U/mL
• Purity (SDS-PAGE): >99%
• SS Exonuclease: Functional
• E. coli 16S rDNA Contamination: 100 U <10 copies
• Endonuclease: 100 U <10% converted
• Storage: -20°C
• Source: recombinant E. coli strain carrying the phi29 DNA Polymerase gene from bacteriophage phi29
Unit Definition: 1 unit is defined as the amount of polymerase required to convert 0.5 pmol of dNTP's into acid insoluble material in 10 minutes at 30°C.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.