The Environ™ Water RNA kit from Zymo Research simplifies COVID-19 wastewater analysis by increasing viral enrichment, inactivating pathogens and improving the limits of detection. Offering high RNA recovery with a low elution volume, this optimised kit has a limit of detection (LOD) of just 8 copies per sample, enabling effective SARS-CoV-2 wastewater surveillance and the earliest detection of COVID-19 outbreaks.
Benefits of using the Environ Water RNA kit
• Increased RNA yields for early outbreak detection
• Enrich total RNA from large volumes (≤ 5 ml) and transform into small sample pellets for easy processing
• Inactivates infectious agents and pathogens (viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites) for safe handling using DNA/RNA Shield™
• Limit of detection of just 8 copies/sample
• Low elution volume: ≥6 µl
• Remove PCR inhibitors in one spin
• Concentrated RNA is ready for any downstream application including RT-qPCR, RTddPCR and next-generation sequencing (NGS)
The Zymo Environ Water RNA kit includes Water Concentrating Buffer™ (WCB) to increase viral recovery by 8-fold
5 ml of SARS-CoV-2 positive wastewater was processed with and without WCB (n=2). RT-qPCR showed the addition of WCB shifted average Ct values earlier by ~3 (an 8-fold increase in viral recovery).
Extracted wastewater RNA is free of PCR inhibitors
50K HeLa cells were spiked into DNA/RNA Shield (positive extraction control) and into wastewater RNA was extracted (n=2) and RT-qPCR (Quasar 670) analysis showed the ΔCt is <0.5, indicating the extraction system effectively removes inhibitors in wastewater. Samples were compared to a RT-qPCR plate positive control which amplified at 23.01 Ct.
• SARS-CoV-2 wastewater surveillance
• COVID-19 outbreak detection
• Downstream applications inclide RT-qPCR, RTddPCR and NGS
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|Zymo Environ Water RNA Kit R2042 · Zymo Research||
|Water Concentrating Buffer R2042-1-8 · Zymo Research||
|Water Concentrating Buffer R2042-1-140 · Zymo Research||