The CHOgro® High Yield Expression System from Mirus Bio is the most advanced system for transient transfection and protein production in suspension CHO cells. With no commercial license required, the CHOgro High Yield Expression System features the CHOgro Titer Enhancer, which provides rapid, industry-leading protein yields in just seven days. The combination of CHOgro Expression Medium, TransIT® -PRO Transfection Reagent and the CHOgro Titer Enhancer enables robust cell growth and high efficiency transfection that streamlines the transient protein expression process.
Benefits of using the CHOgro High Yield Expression System
• Increased protein yield
• Simple workflow
• High cell density growth supported
• High efficiency transient transfection
• Animal origin-free
• No commercial license required
• Includes CHOgro expression medium, CHOgro complex formation, l-glutamine, poloxamer 188 solution, TransIT-PRO transfection reagent and CHOgro titer enhancer
The CHOgro High Yield Expression System outperforms the ExpiCHO™ expression system using multiple antibody constructs
Six different IgG1 antibody constructs, including five therapeutically relevant constructs, were produced by transient transfection using either:
• TransIT-PRO transfection reagent (1:1 reagent-to-DNA ratio), 1 µg plasmid DNA/ml of culture in FreeStyle™ CHO-S cells cultured in CHOgro expression medium (cell density of 4 x 106 cells/ml). CHOgro titer enhancer added immediately post-addition of transfection complexes and the culture was incubated at 32 °C shaking until harvest (red).
• Expifectamine™ CHO transfection kit (3.2:1 reagent-to-DNA), 1 µg plasmid DNA per ml of culture in ExpiCHO™-S cells cultured in ExpiCHO™ expression medium (cell density of 6 x 106 cells/ml) following the max titer protocol. At day 5a second volume of ExpiCHO™ Feed was added (grey).
Supernatants were analysed at day 7 and day 14 using a sandwich human IgG ELISA. Error bars represent the standard deviation of triplicate technical replicates.
CHOgro Titer Enhancer does not adversely affect cell growth & viability post-transfection
Triplicate flasks of FreeStyle™ CHO-S cells adapted to CHOgro Expression Medium were transiently transfected with the TransIT-PRO Transfection Reagent at a 1:1 reagent-to-DNA ratio (vol:wt) and 1 µg plasmid DNA per ml of culture at 4 x 106 cells/ml in 125 ml optimum growth flasks. As indicated, CHOgro Titer Enhancer was added and all the cultures were shifted to 32 °C immediately post-addition of the transfection complexes to the culture. Cell counts (solid line) and viability (propidium iodide staining, dotted line) were measured daily post-transfection using a Guava® easyCyte™ 5HT flow cytometer.
• Antibody/protein production, purification and characterisation
• Cell culture fermentation
• Upstream biologics manufacturing
Material available for dowload
CHOgro High Yield Expression System brochure
CHOgro High Yield Expression System full protocol
CHOgro Complex Formation Solution quick reference protocol
CHOgro Expression Medium quick reference protocol
CHOgro Transfection and Titer Enhancer Kit quick reference protocol
FreeStyle, ExpiCHO and Expifectamine are trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Guava and EasyCyte are registered trademarks of Guava Technologies, Inc.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|CHOgro® High Yield Expression System MIR 6270 · Mirus||
|CHOgro® Transfection and Titer Enhancer Kit MIR 6225 · Mirus||
|CHOgro® Expression Medium MIR 6200 · Mirus||
|CHOgro® Expression Medium MIR 6202 · Mirus||
|10 l polybag||
10 l polybagview
|CHOgro® Expression Medium MIR 6201 · Mirus||
|Dry powder prepares 10 l||
Dry powder prepares 10 lview
|CHOgro® Complex Formation Solution MIR 6210 · Mirus||
|Poloxamer 188 Solution, 10% MIR 6230 · Mirus||
|L-Glutamine Solution, 200 mM MIR 6240 · Mirus||
|TransIT-PRO® Transfection Reagent MIR 5740 · Mirus||
|TransIT-PRO® Transfection Reagent MIR 5750 · Mirus||