The ChIP-Bisulfite-Sequencing (ChIP-Bis-Seq) Kit from Active Motif combines the target-specific selection of chromatin immunoprecipitation with bisulphite conversion and sequencing, providing single-nucleotide resolution of immunoprecipitated DNA.
By combining the two techniques, information about both the chromatin context and the methylation profiles of each DNA strand can be evaluated, enabling better understanding of the biological context and significance regarding gene regulation, gene expression, mechanisms of chromatin modification and pathway analysis.
Benefits of the ChIP-Bis-Seq Kit
• Analyse both chromatin and DNA methylation profiles on the same sample
• Higher resolution than ChIP or bisulfite sequencing alone
• Evaluate allele-specific differences in DNA (imprinting, X-inactivation)
• Compatible with histone and transcription factor antibodies
• Optimised reagents reduce background and provide higher quality DNA for analysis
• Compatible with Illumina® sequencing platforms
• Validated workflow to save you time and money
The ChIP-Bis-Seq method
The ChIP-Bis-Seq Kit consists of three modules. The first is ChIP-IT® High Sensitivity Kit, used to immunoprecipitate chromatin associated with a protein or modification of interest in order to reduce the representation to targeted sites of the genome. The second kit module contains methylated adapters and enzymes to enable preparation of a Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) library from the ChIP DNA. The third kit module includes reagents to perform bisulphite conversion on the adapter-ligated DNA. The converted library is PCR amplified, size selected and submitted for NGS.
Material available for download
ChIP-Bis-Seq Kit manual
Technical Note: sonication recommendation for ChIP
Illumina is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.