The LiveLight™ range of photostable cell culture media enables prolonged live cell imaging without the loss of cell viability. With phototoxic components found in traditional media removed or replaced, LiveLight™ has been specifically designed to replace standard culture media during prolonged light exposure applications including FACS and fluorescence microscopy.
LiveLight™ media range
LiveLight™ cell culture system encompasses three different photostable products:
• MEMO® medium replaces DMEM during light exposure
• NEUMO® medium replaces Neurobasal® media during light exposure
• SOS® supplement replaces B-27® and similar neuronal supplements (e.g. N2, SATO, NS21) during light exposure
OPC, cortical neuron and hippocampan neuron growth with LiveLight™
Primary rat neuronal cells with LiveLight™ in light and dark conditions
Seven day old primary rat neuronal cells cultured in standard media or LiveLight™ media in dark and light conditions. Cells stained with neuronal markers Tuj1 and GFAP, and with DAPI, a marker of cell viability. Light conditions result in widespread cell death with standard media. Cells cultured in LiveLight™ media show no decrease in viability.
• MEMO® should be used only prior to and during exposure to light. At other times, standard DMEM should be used. If B-27® or similar neuronal supplements are used in combination with DMEM, these should be replaced with SOS®.
• NEUMO® should be used only prior to and during exposure to light. At other times, Neurobasal® medium should be used. Please see user guide for instructions.
Neurobasal and B-27 are registered trademarks of Life Technologies Corp.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|MEMO M06-100 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M06-100Cell Guidance Systems
|MEMO M06-500 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M06-500Cell Guidance Systems
|NEUMO M07-100 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M07-100Cell Guidance Systems
|NEUMO M07-500 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M07-500Cell Guidance Systems
|SOS M09-50 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M09-50Cell Guidance Systems