The LiveLight™ range of photostable cell culture media from Cell Guidance Systems enables prolonged live cell imaging without the loss of cell viability. With phototoxic components found in traditional media removed or replaced, LiveLight has been specifically designed to replace standard culture media during prolonged light exposure applications including FACS and fluorescence microscopy.
Benefits of using LiveLight media
• Reduces photo-bleaching
• Reduces auto-fluorescence
• Increases cell viability
LiveLight media range
LiveLight cell culture system encompasses three different photostable products:
• MEMO® medium replaces DMEM during light exposure
• NEUMO® medium replaces Neurobasal® media during light exposure
• SOS® supplement replaces B-27® and similar neuronal supplements (e.g. N2, SATO, NS21) during light exposure
OPC, cortical neuron and hippocampan neuron growth with LiveLight
Shining light (470 nm) onto OPCs for optogenetics in standard cell culture media kills almost all cells (A and B) . Using MEMO® and SOS® completely prevents OPC death from optogenetic blue light. Viability is also increased in (C) cortical and (D) hippocampal neurons.
LiveLight comparison to Neurobasal® and B-27®
Successful FACS sorting, culturing and differentiation of viable GFP and RFP labelled central nervous system stem cells (OPCs) from adult mouse brain is only achievable with NEUMO® and SOS® compared to Neurobasal® and B-27®. Data courtesy of Abbe Crawford and Prof. Robin Franklin of the Wellcome Trust-MRC Cambridge Stem Cell Institute. Bar = 100 mm.
• MEMO should be used only prior to and during exposure to light. At other times, standard DMEM should be used. If B-27® or similar neuronal supplements are used in combination with DMEM, these should be replaced with SOS.
• NEUMO should be used only prior to and during exposure to light. At other times, Neurobasal® medium should be used. Please see user guide for instructions.
Neurobasal and B-27 are registered trademarks of Life Technologies Corp.
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|MEMO M06-100 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M06-100Cell Guidance Systems
|MEMO M06-500 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M06-500Cell Guidance Systems
|NEUMO M07-100 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M07-100Cell Guidance Systems
|NEUMO M07-500 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M07-500Cell Guidance Systems
|SOS M09-50 · Cell Guidance Systems||
M09-50Cell Guidance Systems