These bright, stable and nontoxic dyes for the labelling of cell cytoplasmic membranes are suitable for long-term tracking of cells. The CellBrite™ Cytoplasmic Membrane Labelling Dyes are added directly to normal culture media. By combining different coloured membrane stains, multiple cell populations can be labelled independently as the highly lipophilic dyes ensure no dye transfer between cells.
Benefits of using these Cytoplasmic Membrane Dyes
• Bright, photostable and nontoxic
• Cell staining by direct addition of supplied dye solution to normal culture media
• Highly lipophilic dyes ensure no dye transfer between cells
Cytoplasmic Membrane Dyes available
Green (BT30021), orange (BT30022) and red (BT30023) staining solutions are available alongside DiB, the first blue membrane labelling dye (BT30024).
1. CellBrite™ Blue Cytoplasmic Membrane Labelling Kit - labels cell cytoplasmic membranes with blue fluorescence with the novel blue fluorescent membrane dye DiB (Abs/Em = 360/420 nm) pre-dissolved in an optimised staining solution. DiB has long hydrocarbon chains that insert into the lipid bilayer, resulting in stable labelling resistant to intercellular dye transfer.
2. CellBrite™ Green Cytoplasmic Membrane Labelling Kit - utilising the highly green fluorescent and lipophilic membrane dye Neuro-DiO (Abs/Em = ~484/501 nm) pre-dissolved in an optimized staining solution. Neuro-DiO was developed by Biotium as an alternative to the traditional membrane dye DiO to overcome the low solubility and aggregation problems of the latter.
3. CellBrite™ Orange Cytoplasmic Membrane Labelling Kit - cell labelling solution contains the highly orange-red fluorescent (Abs/Em = ~549/565 nm) and lipophilic membrane dye DiI predissolved in an optimised staining solution.
4. CellBrite™ Red Cytoplasmic Membrane Labelling Kit - uses the highly red fluorescent (Abs/Em = ~644/665 nm) and lipophilic membrane dye DiD pre-dissolved in an optimised staining solution.
Material available for download
CellBrite™ Blue Cytoplasmic Membrane Labeling Kit protocol
CellBrite™ Cytoplasmic Membrane Dye (Green, Orange or Red) protocol
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|CellBrite™ Blue Cytoplasmic Membrane-Labeling Kit BT30024 · Biotium||
|CELLBRITE™ GREEN CYTOPLASMIC MEMBRANE DYE BT30021 · Biotium||
|CELLBRITE™ ORANGE CYTOPLASMIC MEMBRANE DYE BT30022 · Biotium||
|CellBrite™ Red Cytoplasmic Membrane Dye BT30023 · Biotium||