The DNA/RNA Shield™ Swab collection tubes from Zymo Research can be used to collect many sample types, including from the mouth, nose and throat. Prefilled with the DNA/RNA Shield stabilisation and pathogen inactivation reagent, these swab collection tubes are easy to use (just swab and then break the tip into the collection device) and samples are stabilised and ready for ambient temperature transport or storage.
Zymo Research has filed for Emergency Use Authorisation (EUA) with the FDA for its collection, extraction, and RT-PCR workflow for COVID-19 Testing.
Benefits of using the DNA/RNA Shield swab collection tubes
• Compatible with any sample appropriate for swab collection
• Complete pathogen inactivation
• RNA stable at room temperature for one month
• DNA stable at room temperature for two years
• DNA or RNA frozen at <-20°C is stable indefinitely
DNA/RNA Shield: complete pathogen inactivation
DNA/RNA Shield has been rigorously tested to ensure its capability to inactive even the toughest of viruses. In an independent study, the virucidal activity was shown to inactivate murine parvovirus1. DNA/RNA Shield abides by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines for pathogen inactivation2.
DNA/ RNA Shield effectively inactivates pathogens. This includes tough-to-lyse microbes or viruses without the need for additional steps, such as heat-treatment, homogenisation, or alcohol sterilisation. DNA/RNA Shield has been rigorously tested to ensure inactivation of pathogens including:
B. subtilis, E. faecalis, E. coli, L. fermentum, L. monocytogenes, M. tuberculosis, P. aeruginosa, S. enterica, S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, X. fastidiosa
Parvovirus, Chikungunya virus , Dengue virus, Ebola virus, Herpes simplex virus-1, Herpes simplex virus-2, Influenza A, Rhinovirus, MERS-coronavirus, West Nile virus
Yeast & eukaryotes
C. albicans , C. neoformans , S. cerevisiae , P. malariae
1. Dr. Thraenhart and Dr. Jursch. Virucidal activity of the nucleic acid preservation product “DNA/RNA Shield™” against the murine parvovirus (MVM) at 20 °C.
2. Guidance on the inactivation or removal of select agents and toxins for future use. Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Note: product availability depends on country - see product detail page.
|Details||Cat number & supplier||Size||Price|
|DNA/RNA Shield Collection Tube w/ Swab (1 ml fill) R1107 · Zymo Research||