PiggyBac Transposon Vector Construction
Cambridge Bioscience offers access to the PiggyBac Transposon Vector Construction Services through a partnership between System Biosciences and Transposagen.
The PiggyBac (PB) transposon is a mobile genetic element that efficiently transposes between vectors and chromosomes via a "cut and paste" mechanism. During transposition, the PB transposase recognizes transposon-specific inverted terminal repeat sequences (ITRs) located on both ends of the transposon vector and efficiently moves the contents from the original sites into TTAA chromosomal sites. The powerful activity of the PiggyBac transposon system enables genes of interest between the two ITRs in the PB vector to be easily mobilized into target genomes.
Features of the PiggyBac Technology
• One transfection to make transgenic cells
• Effective in human, mouse and rat cells
• No cargo limit - integrate 10-100kb
• Reversible integrations with no foot-print
• All-in-one cumate switch inducible vector
The following services are available:
• Cloning cDNA, microRNA or shRNA into a choice of PiggyBac transposon vectors in 2 weeks
• Choice of a variety of promoters, markers and Cumate switch inducible formats
• Custom cell lines can be made in 8 weeks using PiggyBac vectors
Request A No Obligation Quote
To discuss a PiggyBac transposon vector project, please contact our experienced team by Clicking Here