hERG Channel Trafficking Screening Service
Cambridge Bioscience offers access to a hERG channel trafficking screening service from ChanTest. This high throughput, non-electrophysiological screening service utilises the assay HERG-Lite®, enabling the assessment of hERG risk.
HERG-Lite® is a unique, rapid and cost-effective assay that monitors hERG expression at the cell surface. Trafficking-associated decreases in hERG activity occur hours after exposure to compound, but are as important to assessing risk as direct block. HERG-Lite® identifies hERG trafficking inhibitors by exposing wild-type (WT) hERG to drug overnight, and hERG channel blockers by measuring rescue of a trafficking-defective mutant hERG (SM) cell line.
Features of the hERG Channel Trafficking Screening Service
• Detects compounds that produce hERG risk by inhibiting protein trafficking from the endoplasmic reticulum
• Identifies compounds that block hERG directly
• Fully validated against known hERG trafficking inhibitors
• Tested on over 1,000 compounds
• Compounds are run at 3 concentrations in triplicate
• Results provided 48 hours after study completion
Request A No Obligation Quote
To discuss a hERG channel trafficking screening project, please contact our experienced team by Clicking Here