Cell Membrane PreparationCambridge Bioscience offers access to a cell membrane preparation service from ChanTest.
Features & Benefits of the Cell Membrane Preparation Service
• Exceptional Growth - Enables growth of large batches of adherent or suspension cells for scale-up and membrane preparations
• Compatible - Cell types cultured in bulk include CHO-K1, HEK293, NIH3t3, HepG2, neuroblastomas, cancer cell lines, HeLa and hybridomas
• Flexible - Cells can be grown in 6,360 cm2 CellStacks, 500 cm2 plates, roller bottles or spinner flasks
• Experienced - Membrane preparations of 2 grams of membrane protein routinely made
• Fast - Typical turnaround times are 3-6 weeks
Cell Membrane Preparation Service Process
Cells are harvested (usually enzyme-free) and processed into membranes using either your protocol, or we can recommend a membrane prep protocol for you based on our experience. Cells are homogenized with either traditional mechanical homogenization (e.g. Polytron) or by nitrogen decompression (Parr bomb), a gentle and highly effective method for producing high-quality membranes.
The final membrane preparation will be:
• Adjusted to the protein concentration of the clients choice
• Dispensed into pre-labelled vials according to your instructions
• Vials will be frozen and shipped on dry ice
Request A No Obligation Quote
To discuss a cell membrane preparation project, please contact our experienced team by Clicking Here