APD Testing with SC-derived Human Cardiomyocytes
Stem cell-derived human cardiomyocytes (SC-hCMs) provide a unique opportunity to study drug effects on human ventricular-type myocytes, cells which are not typically available for routine testing.
Cambridge Bioscience offers access to an action potential duration (APD) testing service on stem cell-derived human cardiomyocytes from ChanTest.
Benefits of Using SC-hCMs
The use of SC-hCMs offers a significant improvement over current methodologies by offering:
• Higher sensitivity using lower amounts
• Better correlation between pre-clinical & clinical studies
• Higher throughput screening
• Rapid turnaround time
• Cost savings in an animal-free assay
Human Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocyte Assay
The human stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte assay (available as either a GLP or non-GLP service) detects the effects of potential therapeutic compounds directly on human ventricular-type myocytes, detecting cardiac risk (QT risk) in an animal-free assay. This assay provides a much more accurate indication of cardiac risk at a much earlier stage in drug discovery and development than previously available approaches.
Features of the SC-hCM APD Assay
• Detects AP Prolongation (QT risk) and EADs (trigger for Torsades de Pointes)
• Stable recordings at physiological temperature with minimal diffusion delays
• Cost-effective compared to conventional methodologies
• Human test system
Request A Free Quote
To discuss a APD testing or human stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte assay project, please contact us directly by Clicking Here