APD Testing with Purkinje Fiber Assays
Cambridge Bioscience offers access to an Action Potential Duration (APD) testing service using purkinje fiber assays from ChanTest. This service enables the determination of the effects of drugs on mammalian cardiac action potentials in vitro.
The following measurements of concentration-response and rate-dependence of test articles on action potential parameters will be performed:
• Resting membrane potential (RMP, mV)
• Action potential amplitude (APA, mV)
• Maximum rate of rise (Vmax, V/s)
• Action potential duration at 60 and 90% repolarization (APD60 and APD90, ms).
The significance of test article effects will be evaluated versus parallel vehicle and positive control (dl-Sotalol) recordings.
Features of APD Testing with Purkinje Fiber Assays
• An effective indicator of mixed ion channel effects
• Available as a GLP or non-GLP assay
• Conducted on canine or rabbit Purkinje fibers
• Positive control is dl-Sotalol
Additional Options Available
The following features can be added to the standard project:
• Dose Solution Analysis – GLP & non-GLP
• Use of non-GLP animals as a protocol exception in GLP assays is available at a lower price
• Additional copies of final report (one provided with study)
• Copies of solution worksheets and data-collection forms
• Electronic copy of report (pdf) on CD-ROM
Request A No Obligation Quote
To discuss a APD testing utilising purkinje fiber assay project, please contact our experienced team by Clicking Here