5-fC DNA Quantification Kit
5-formylcytosine (5-fC) has recently been found in mammalian tissue and cells and has been classified as a seventh DNA base. The function of 5-fC in gene regulation is not yet entirely clear, but it has been shown that 5-fC exhibits replication-dependent dilution during mouse pre-implantation development and could be functional in regulating pre-implantation development as a whole.
The detection of 5-fC in various tissues and cells is important because 5-fC could be a marker to indicate active DNA demethylation. Several chromatography-based techniques are used for the detection of 5-fC in tissue and cells. However, these methods are time consuming, require large amounts of DNA and have low throughput with high costs.
Cambridge Bioscience offers the MethylFlash™ 5-Formylcytosine (5-fC) DNA Quantification Kit from Epigentek for the quantification of 5-formylcytosine. This kit is suitable for use with DNA isolated from any species in a variety of forms including cultured cells, fresh and frozen tissues, paraffin-embedded tissues and body fluid samples
Benefits of using the MethylFlash™ 5-Formylcytosine (5-fC) DNA Quantification Kits
• High sensitivity - detection limit from 1pg of 5-fC
• High specificity - No cross reactivity to cytosine, 5-mC, 5-hmC or 5-caC within the indicated concentration range of the sample DNA
• Wide dynamic range - 10 pg - 400 pg
• Uses DNA isolated from cells or tissues directly with no need for DNA digestion or hydrolysis
• Fast & simple procedure - 3 hours 45 minutes
• Reliable & consistent
• Flexible strip-well microplate format for manual or high throughput analysis
• Suitable for quantifying 5-hmC DNA from cultured cells, paraffin-embedded tissues, plasma, serum, body fluids and fresh and frozen tissues
Note: product availability depends on country. Product detail pages show availability of each product.