Stem Cell Retroviral Expression System
Retroviral vectors are useful for delivering genes of interest into target cells where integration into the genome is desired. However, traditional retroviral expression technologies result in low viral titres, making gene expression studies challenging.
Cambridge Bioscience offers the Platinum Retroviral Expression System for the transduction of embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic carcinoma cells (ECC) and haematopoietic stem cells (HSC) from Cell Biolabs. This system utilises both superior packaging cell lines and vector technologies to produce high-titre virus with a single plasmid transfection. A variety of kits are available for producing amphotropic, ecotropic and pantropic virus particles.
Features & Benefits of the Stem Cell Retroviral Expression System
• High Titre - Average titre of 107 infectious units/mL with transient transfection
• Produces ecotropic, amphotropic or pantropic retrovirus
• Optimised for expression in either ES/EC cells or HSC's
Each platinum retroviral expression system kit includes the following components:
1. Exclusive Platinum Packaging Cell Line
- Plat-E (ecotropic, Plat-A (amphotropic), or Plat-GP (pantropic) packaging lines are included with their respective kits.
- Each cell line contains the gag and pol genes
- Plat-E and Plat-A cells contain the envelope protein
- Plat-GP must be co-transfected with the VSV-G plasmid included in the kit
2. Expression Vectors
- pMCs-Puro expression vector included in the ESC/ECC kits
- pMYs-Puro expression vector included in the HSC kits
-Vectors provide the viral package signal, transcription and processing elements and MCS for cloning of the target gene
3. GFP Control Vectors
- pMCs-GFP or pMYs-GFP control vector contains the ampicillin-resistance gene, LTRs, package signal and GFP insert
Note: product availability depends on country. Product detail pages show availability of each product.