Endothelium & Epithelium Adhesion Assays
Cell adhesion is an important process for cell migration, invasion, embryogenesis, wound healing and tissue remodelling. The term applies to both cell-to-cell adhesion as well as cellular-matrix interactions and is mediated by cell adhesion molecules such as selectins, cadherins and integrins. Cellular adhesion is often dysregulated during carcinogenesis as tumour cells develop their metastatic capabilities to bind vascular endothelium and extracellular matrix in remote locations.
Cambridge Biosciences offers the CytoSelect™ Endothelium and Epithelium Adhesion Assays. These assays provide a robust sensitive system for the quantitative determination of the interactions between both leukocytes and tumour cells and the endothelium and epithelium, requiring no manual cell counting.
Three versions of the endothelium and epithelium adhesion kits are available:
• 96-well leukocyte-endothelium adhesion kit
• 96-well leukocyte-epithelial adhesion kit
• Tumour-endothelium adhesion assay
1. Endothelial cells are cultured to form a monolayer
2. Monolayer is treated with desired activator or inhibitor
3. Leukocytes are labelled with the LeukoTracker™ solution, pelleted, washed and resuspended
4. Leukocytes are added to the monolayer and incubated
5. Adherent leukocytes are washed, lysed and quantitated by a fluorometer
To find out more about our range of ECM cell adhesion assays, please Click Here
Note: product availability depends on country. Product detail pages show availability of each product.